Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted July 20, 2006

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Series: Buffy Summers, Alien Slayer

Title: Buffy Summers, Alien Slayer

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: P-13.

Summary: B:tVS, ID4. In any universe, Joyce Summers doesn't react well to her daughter's unique occupation. Double drabble.

Spoilers: B:tVS pre-series but post-movie; Independence Day (1996). Set after "No Victory Dance".


Buffy watched incredulously as her mother scurried around the hotel room with a damp washcloth and a sample-sized bottle of disinfectant cleanser. "Mom, the world just almost ended. I think they're a little more worried about the evil planet-plundering aliens than whether or not our current living quarters can pass a white glove test."

Joyce sank to a seat on one of the room's queen-sized beds, nervously wringing the rag in her hands. "I know. It's just-- the President is coming. Here! To meet my daughter!"

Buffy sighed and sat down next to her, reaching for one of her mother's hands. "Mom, it's okay; it's not like he's coming here for lunch, or anything. The Watcher's Council told him about me so I could hunt down alien survivors on the government payroll, not host a party."

"I know you're right," Joyce said, squeezing Buffy's hand. "But..."

"Don't worry, Mom," Buffy interrupted her, pretty sure of what was really upsetting her mother. "I know what I'm doing, and there'll be back-up; I'm not going to get killed."

"You'd better not," Joyce replied, tearfully. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too," Buffy said, and wrapped her up in a hug.

 

Go to: Top | Series Index | Buffyverse Xover Series | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.