Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted June 27, 2006

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Minor Player

Title: Minor Player

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: B:tVS, SG-1. Walter opened the letter from his other employer with a pensive frown. Double drabble.

Spoilers: Post-"Chosen" B:tVS; sometime season 8/9-ish for SG-1.


Walter opened the letter from his other employer with a pensive frown. He hoped they hadn't changed their minds and replaced him; he'd just gotten used to juggling both sets of duties.

None of the Watcher's Council brass had really wanted him in the first place; they'd intended to insert a non-military mentor into Lt. Hailey's life, but as much time as she spent at the SGC-- nearly as much as Lt. Colonel Carter sometimes-- that hadn't been feasible. So they'd somehow located a list of personnel assigned to 'Area 52' and combed through it for anyone with even a tenuous Council connection. Walter had been the lucky candidate, courtesy of a distant English cousin.

Neither of his employers had any real idea what the other was up to, he was pretty sure; they wouldn't be able to resist sticking their fingers into each others' pies if they had any idea. Walter kind of liked it that way; he was starting to see the attraction in being a key, if minor, player in not only one, but two organizations that regularly saved the world.

Fortunately, it looked like his fears had been groundless. "Supplemental salary," Walter read aloud, and smiled.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.