Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted March 4, 2008

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: One Mother, In All the World

Title: One Mother, In All the World

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: B:tVS/Sarah Connor Chronicles. There were some things John just didn't need to know while he was still hers to protect. Double drabble.

Spoilers: B:tVS post-Chosen; general for Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Notes: Challenge fic. They've made a big deal about Sarah being so tough, and yet pure: never killing humans. So here's another possible contributing factor.


Falling naked onto a California freeway had been a life-changing experience for Sarah Connor in more ways than one.

She still didn't know how to explain the endless, impossible second when their leap through time had seemed to pause, interrupted by the voice of a young woman asking if she wanted to be strong. Not even to herself-- and certainly not John, Derek or Cameron. There were some things John just didn't need to know while he was still hers to protect, and if his older self hadn't trusted the others with his father's name, she wasn't going to trust them with her new abilities, either.

For of course she'd answered yes. That had been the whole focus of her existence, ever since she'd met Kyle Reese: she gathered strength from every available source and funneled it all into the protection and education of their son.

John Connor: humanity's savior-- provided he survived the metal and the monsters long enough to grow up. The strength, enhanced reflexes, increased healing and heightened senses-- they simply made it easier for her to ensure that happened.

The vampires in her nightmares could wait. She had more important things to take care of first.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2008 Jedi Buttercup.