Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted March 5, 2006

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: There Is Still Hope

Title: There Is Still Hope

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: B:tVS, LotR (movieverse). 200 words. Not all Buffy's dreams are of death or impending doom.

Spoilers: Immediately post-series B:tVS; "The Two Towers" (2002)

Notes: Written for TTH FFA #1489: Buffy, Arwen and tthdrabbles #034: nightmares. I have a longstanding obsession with plausible ways to cross these two 'verses.


In the nine years since the first Slayer Dream had shouldered its way in amongst her nightmares, Buffy Summers had learned to tell the difference between such messages from the Powers that Be and normal dreaming patterns. She had fears, same as anyone, and they disrupted her sleep with equal frequency. The difference was, with Slayer Dreams, there was something she could do about them.

This latest dream, though-- she had no idea what it might mean. Even Giles had no insight about what she'd Seen, at least none he would share; there'd been a suspicious gleam in his eyes when she'd described the crown the dead guy wore and the sword he'd clutched. The only thing that made sense was that the grieving woman veiled in black was a past Slayer; Buffy had had visions from their lives before. But there'd been no threatening monster in this one-- and the woman's pointy ears and adult, queenly beauty didn't fit the job description.

Weeks later, she still had no clue. But the vision had changed: the man was alive, and with him, a little boy. For the first time in years, Buffy awoke filled with hope for her own future.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.