Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted September 5, 2011

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Series: Eureka Moments

Title: A Little Embarrassment Is Good For The Soul

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the world is not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG.

Summary: Jack felt like he was wandering Eureka with a redder face than usual for the next couple of days. 300 words.

Spoilers: Eureka 4.18 "This One Time at Space Camp"


They'd managed to limit the news of exactly what happened to Dr. Hughes to a relatively small circle of people. Still, Jack felt like he was wandering Eureka with a redder face than usual for the next couple of days.

Well, when not with Allison. As much as he hadn't planned on following that stupid non-approval ruling in the first place, it was a huge relief not to have to worry any more about who was reporting to whom and the kind of damage a censure from the DoD could do to her career. There might have been a little celebration involved; S.A.R.A.H.'s privacy protocols certainly got a workout that evening. Hard to feel embarrassment when he couldn't stop smiling for joy.

Still. Grace was too good to do more than smile knowingly, Allison was too happy to tease him much, and Vince and Jo only had pieces of the story, but Henry? Every damn thing Dr. Hughes had done had been an amplification of one of Jack's memories, reenacted with all the usual filters stripped away. He'd been projecting the same things Jack had felt, turned up to eleven-- not just wearing Jack's literal sleeves, but wearing his heart on them, too-- and Henry knew it. It was like that dream he'd had where he'd walked naked through Eureka... only to find out the next morning that half the town had dreamed it, too.

If Henry would just stop grinning every damn time he caught Jack's eye! Jack didn't have near the ammunition lately to fire back in turn. They'd spent a lot less time hanging out since they'd both kicked the single bachelor lifestyle. Maybe it was time to schedule a guy's night to balance things out again.

Though knowing Eureka? That would end up backfiring somehow, too.

 

Go to: Top | Series Index | Serial Fiction (Other) | Fan Fiction Index


© 2011 Jedi Buttercup.