Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted November 16, 2007

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Bittersweet Symphony

Title: Bittersweet Symphony

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: CSI/B:tVS. Sara can't change. Double drabble.

Notes: Set post-"Goodbye and Good Luck" (8.07) in the CSI-verse; vaguely post-"Chosen" for B:tVS.


"You should have told him," the other Slayer said over the phone, voice full of sympathy.

Sara wanted to hate her for saying it, but she knew Faith was right. She should have told him. Should have trusted in his support, not left with a goodbye kiss and a Dear Gil letter when it all grew too much for her.

She knows he'll blame himself for not being-- enough for her. Though he is, more than enough; the last two years have been like something out of a fairytale.

But at the end of the day, even Cinderella's dress had turned back to rags. And she's been working double hours since transferring from nights to swing, trying to juggle her job and Slaying separately. Dealing with too much death-- dealing too much death-- for anyone to handle, never mind someone as damaged as she.

She should have told him. Should have asked him to come with her, asked him for help, anything but running. But she'd hoped she might be able to escape her past with him-- and now that she knows that isn't possible, it's far too late.

Besides. Down deep, she knows: he'll be better off without her.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2007 Jedi Buttercup.