Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted December 17, 2005

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Do You Know What Your Sin Is?

Title: Do You Know What Your Sin Is?

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG-13

Spoilers: B:tVS/A:tS waaay post-series. Fireflyverse mid-SERENITY

Summary: B:tVS, Firefly. The Operative runs into a spot of trouble in his quest to recover River. 200 words.

Notes: The moment spankerella put this challenge up on tthdrabbles, I could think of nothing but that scene in SERENITY when the Operative stabs Mal...


"Do you know what your sin is, Spike?" the impassive Operative asked, sword poised at the beginning of an arc intended to end in the souled vampire's shriveled heart.

Spike snarled and struggled to his feet. The dart-wound in his shoulder burned incessantly, sapping his strength-- the assassin had done his research-- but even under the influence of mystical poison Spike refused to admit defeat.

The sword pierced his abdomen, a cool flash of pain spearing through him, but miraculously the blessed weapon missed its mark. Around the intrusive metal his flesh sizzled slightly at the contact, but Spike was too enraged to notice.

"I'm a fan of all bloody seven," he replied, impaling his body even further on the blade until the man's throat was within his reach. "How about Gluttony for starters?"

The Operative's eyes widened and he let go the sword abruptly, backing away as swiftly as he could.

Too late; Spike lunged, and his fangs sank deep. He'd outlived Angel, Buffy, even Earth-- but there were still Slayers, and he was the only Watcher left. He hadn't got to River in time to rescue her, but he would make sure those bastards never got her back.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2005 Jedi Buttercup.