Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted February 12, 2008

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: The Heart That Fed

Title: The Heart That Fed

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: Angel/PotC:AWE. Illyria meets with a kindred spirit. Double drabble.

Spoilers: Angel post-NFA (no comics); PotC: At World's End (2007)

Notes: Challenge fic. Title from Shelley's Ozymandias.


Illyria had long suspected that others of her kind might also have escaped the Deeper Well. If the Wolf, Ram and Hart could arrange the release of one as powerful and notorious as she, then the lesser authorities of forgotten ages would have posed no difficulty.

She'd dismissed such possibilities with a curled lip and expectations of battle. Never had she imagined that her own situation-- the stench of humanity anchoring her ancient spirit-- could be anything other than unique.

"T'was torture," the sea goddess said, leaning against the ship's railing. "Trapped in a single form. Cut off from all that I loved. And when at last I was freed--" She turned dark eyes to the masculine figure at the ship's wheel.

"Your Qwa'ha Xahn was lost," Illyria commented. "Yet-- you took another."

"Aye," Calypso replied, possessively. "Him loved another, then; but she died ashore, long ago, and now there is only me."

Illyria thought then of the halfbreed, the one she called pet, currently in Europe.

He was not Wesley. But he was immortal, as his Slayer was not-- and in time, those gone to dust would be forgotten. Perhaps her future was not so bleak as it seemed.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2008 Jedi Buttercup.