Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted June 26, 2006

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Just Folk Now

Title: Just Folk Now

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: B:tVS, Firefly, SG-1. Four of Serenity's crew mourn their fallen and reminisce about their pasts. Double drabble.

Spoilers: Casting rumors for Stargate SG-1 Season 10; "Serenity" (2005); Buffy Season 7; Angel Season 4; Angel Season 5.


"Do you ever miss it?" Inara asked quietly, staring at the smiling hologram atop Wash's tombstone. "The power you had?"

"No," Zoe said firmly, looking away. "No, I don't."

"You don't?" Jayne asked, incredulously. "I do, sometimes. Maybe I couldn't'a saved Book or Wash, but the extra muscle sure woulda come in handy against them Reavers."

Zoe shook her head. "If I'd still been Her, Earth-That-Was would be Earth-That-Is, and wouldn't none of us be here. I'd rather be grievin' him than never have had him at all."

Mal snorted. "I'm pretty sure The First woulda stopped Jasmine 'fore she got too far," he said. "But you ain't wrong. This life ain't been easy, but we done made the best of it. And now, with River..."

"Helpin' the girl to make up for tryin' to kill the girl?" Jayne chuckled. "Yeah, and go figure, I ended up your gorram sidekick." Then he raised an eyebrow at Inara. "Been meanin' to ask, by the way. How'd you rate a fancy-pants upbringin' this time around? You're the one finally ended Earth in the first gorram place."

"We're all just folk now, Jayne," Mal answered for her, wryly. "I reckon that's punishment enough."

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.