Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted August 21, 2009

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: And the Law Won

Title: And the Law Won

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG.

Summary: Angel/Firefly. Lindsey sympathized with the detainee, he really did. 200 words.

Spoilers: Post-"Not Fade Away" and "Half Blood Prince"; AU for Book 7

Notes: For challenge #89 "minor character love" at tthdrabbles, and an FFA pairing. Spoilers for Angel Season 5 and the Serenity movie.


Lindsey suppressed a sigh. He sympathized with the detainee, he really did-- time had blunted his feelings of betrayal, and reminded him why he'd first been drawn into another crusader's orbit all those years ago.

Unfortunately, there wasn't a damn thing the lawyer could do for-- rather than against-- the former Browncoat. Lindsey really should've been more careful about what he put his signature on back in the day, and barring that, made back-up plans for what might happen if he died whilst not wearing the mystical invisibility tattoos he'd earned in Nepal. He hadn't, though, so there he was-- still serving the Partners at their current pet organization in his dimension, five hundred years later.

"You're right, the Alliance's criminal records are mysteriously empty of any charges against you," he said, "but I'm afraid the civil lawsuits against you have piled up pretty heavily. Since you declined to appear at any of your court dates, and evidence of your involvement in the Miranda affair was fairly easy to find, the maximum damages were awarded against you in each case. So, unless you have some means of paying the accumulated fines..."

Malcolm Reynolds' throat worked apprehensively. "What are my options?"

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2009 Jedi Buttercup.