Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted June 15, 2011

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Set Free

Title: Set Free

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG.

Summary: Brisco. What was it about that man? Double drabble.

Spoilers: Early missing scene for The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. - circa "Brisco in Jalisco".

Notes: For maevebran, who cursed me with the DVDs.


What was it about that man?

Dixie smiled to herself as she plucked a last stalk of straw from the neckline of her blouse. Every damn time she saw Brisco it felt as though the whole wide Western sky had stretched open inside her heart. She'd never pretended to much in the way of scruples, nor cared over-much for those that did, but something about the twinkle in the bounty hunter's eye always made her want to.

She knew better than to give in, though. Knew better than to trust the fire in her belly when it came to a man's intentions. Let him keep coming to her. She found something new to admire in him each time they met, and hopefully inspired equal appreciation in return. But his work was still more important to him. So why shouldn't hers be the same?

She would be no man's plaything, waiting around for his attentions.

...Not that she'd turn them down when she had them. She touched her lips with a faint smile, then shook out her skirts and headed for the hotel. She'd see him again, she was sure.

Until then, Dixie Cousins had adventures of her own to manage.

 

Go to: Top | Single-Fandom Teenyfic | Fan Fiction Index


© 2011 Jedi Buttercup.