Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted July 2, 2007

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Sudden Little Sister

Title: Sudden Little Sister

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: B:tVS, Firefly. After Miranda, River had suddenly taken a wild notion that Dawn weren't supposed to be there. Double drabble.

Notes: Challenge fic. Set after the "Serenity" movie; post-"Chosen" and AU-ish for B:tVS.


Mal smiled, watching as his meimei and River chased each other around the town square in the summer sunshine. They weren't scheduled to be on-planet long, but it was a safe world, and he hadn't seen no harm in letting the girls out to get some fresh air.

'Specially since they was actually getting along again. After Miranda, River had suddenly taken a wild notion that Dawn weren't supposed to be there; she'd insisted Dawn weren't actually a Reynolds, that she'd somehow appeared on Serenity a month after Wash's death and fooled everyone into believing in her.

It had shaken Mal; he was used to believing in River's Reader notions, but he could remember holding a newborn Dawn when he was a teenager himself, her sobs when he'd come for her at the orphanage after the War, her laughter as she played dinosaurs with Wash.

Few days ago, though, River'd finally changed her mind. She'd announced all sudden-like that someone called Glory was stuck on Earth-that-Was, that some unspecified Key was safe "this time", whatever that might mean, and had gone right back to playing with Dawn.

For however long it lasted, all was once again right with their 'verse.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2007 Jedi Buttercup.