Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted June 25, 2011

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: the mission is (what matters)

Title: the mission is (what matters)

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: SGA/B:tVS. He was unusual for a Terran, though, this teacher. 200 words.

Notes: For challenge #108 "out for a drive" at tthdrabbles. Post-series for Buffy and SGA both; no comics. For an FFA pairing.


Though Atlantis had remained on Earth much longer than Teyla would have preferred, the months on Sheppard's homeworld brought with them several much needed changes. Among them, several gaps in the city's administration had been filled at last, including a mind-healer to take up Kate Heightmeyer's duties and a teacher of children. Torren was not the first child to walk the city's halls in modern times, and he would not be the last.

He was unusual for a Terran, though, this teacher; a tall man with an earring in one ear and scars that better fit the warrior she sensed beneath his skin than the suits he wore in the city. She waited until she had an opportunity to ride with him in a jumper to her people's world, then gently broached the subject, asking why he had come.

"The government said I was the closest thing they had to an experienced educator in an environment under siege from monsters," he replied with a strange, distant smile. "And-- given the opportunity to escape a world determined to protect my mother's killer? I took it."

Teyla inclined her head, leaving further questions for later. That was a motivation she could understand.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2011 Jedi Buttercup.